The second piece of good news is that I did manage to make it into Theology of the Musical. I got a peek at the course list and it looks like a lot of Colgate students are in it. There are only 18 kids, and we get to take a trip (paid for by ourselves, unfortunately) to Edinburgh in two weeks to see the Sound of Music. So not only do I get to see an awesome show, but I will come out of this class with two Colgate credits. Add to that the class I am taking with the rest of the Colgate study group and I will receive a full four credits for this semester. That is very good news.
I now have two classes on Wednesday and one class on Thursday. Looks like there will be a lot of reading to do for each class, but I am hoping it is not too much. Got a look at the syllabus for the Colgate class, and we already have a small paper due on Wednesday. Lots of work! But at least I have a long weekend, which should make traveling easier.
Yesterday a few of us went to the beach. Before you get all excited, remember that this beach is part of the North Sea, and the water temperature was just above freezing. There was also no sun but a lot of wind. Even so, it was a lot of fun to walk along the beach (it was low tide) and feel the sand. Definitely excited for the warmer months when it may be possible to walk along the beach not in winter gear.
We also got to see the St. Andrews castle, which I will have to take pictures of on a nice day. Apparently it was bombarded from the sea at one point. It is a pretty amazing castle, and I very much want to be able to walk inside of it. You have to pay to get in, so we are going to wait for a sunny and warm day to do that. But there are benches scattered among the ruins that would be fun to sit and study on. The castle is right on the edge of the cliff leading down to the sea, and from the beach you could look up and see part of the castle tower. Very beautiful.
Experienced my first rainy Scottish today. It is kind of amazing that it took this long to get to a rainy day, but it wasn't too bad. I actually think it was one of the warmest days we have had here so far, it was just very wet. As far as I can tell, it is supposed to rain for the rest of the week and possibly snow on Wednesday. Oh well, it's not like we haven't seen snow before.
No comments:
Post a Comment