On weekends the dining halls don't serve dinner, so we are on our own. Five of us decided to go into town and find a bit. Our first choice restaurant was packed, so we went to the Raisin, a local pub. Not only did this pub have great food, but it also had absolutely amazing music. Apparently they are stuck in the 90s here - or at least that is what we were told by one St. Andrew's student. This is fine with me; I much prefer 90s music to the stuff played today.
For £5.99 I got a pint of beer, a burger, fries and a small salad. Good deal. The beer was very good. I just asked the bar tender to pour his favorite beer, so I was happy with that. The music was very loud and there was a large flat screen tv playing the associated music videos. There seemed to be a loop of 7 songs playing, a mix of dance-like music and older songs (like Don't Stop Believin' by Journey). But the best moment of the night came when the loop was supposed to land on Don't Stop Believin' for the second time. THEY PLAYED GLEE! Complete with the scene from the first episode, the pub rocked out to the Glee version of the Journey classic. We were thrilled and stunned at the same time.
Needless to say, the Raisin will be receiving business from Colgate again.
No comments:
Post a Comment