So I’m spending the semester in Scotland studying at the University of St. Andrews. No- I don’t play golf, but I am willing to learn. I’ve never written a blog before, but it seems to be the thing to do when studying abroad. Hopefully I will be taking classes that fit into my Peace and Conflict Studies program back at Colgate (I have yet to find an irrelevant course), but I won’t know what I am taking until the day before classes actually start! I’m hoping to only take 3 classes, which would make traveling and exploring a lot easier. Along with the other Colgate people I’ll be taking a course on Heresy in the Middle Ages. I’ve never taken a religion course before, so this should be pretty interesting. I am trying to take a course called “Terrorism, Radicalism and Extremism” which would be very relevant and fit nicely with my other PCON classes. The last class I want to take is about dictatorship in Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy and Stalinist Russia. I really hope I get into both of the classes….
I’m going to try and update this with stories of my travels and hopefully figure out how to add some pictures. But for now, I suppose I should start thinking about what to pack!
No comments:
Post a Comment